Meeting held virtually on Zoom
Officers in attendance: Justin, Cari, John, Dustin, and Coli
Officers absent: Brian
- Our very first virtual meeting was held on Jan 31st. Scott Butler was our featured speaker. Scott shared some great info on fish keeping and breeding. The focus was primarily on Angelfish and a video of the event can be found here for members who couldn’t be present. Be on the lookout for more virtual meetings to be scheduled soon!
- Our Spring Swap is scheduled for Apr 18th from 11:30 am-3 pm. As always, our paid club members get early access and may enter at 11 am. The swap will be held at the Omaha Firefighters Hall again. (SW corner of 60th & Grover in Omaha) – Full detail available in the event on the Nebraska Aquarium Society FB page
- We will be looking for a few volunteers to help with set-up/clean-up. If you are willing to lend a hand, please message us!
- BAP (Breeders Award Program) is coming in the next few months! Club Secretary John Baines is spearheading the effort. John, with the help of a couple of others, has reviewed/researched established programs at several clubs. Based on that information we have a strong outline and direction to go in. Species lists are being compiled and will be able to be added as necessary. This will be an exciting way to highlight the efforts of some of the many breeding projects our members are engaged in!
- Future member meetings are scheduled for 3/28, 7,25, and 11/21. These are in addition to the scheduled Spring and Fall swaps. It is possible another 1 or 2 events may be added. Please keep up to date by checking out our events page.
- Due to increased work obligations (congrats on the promotion!), Coli will be stepping down as Treasurer. We would like to thank Coli for her time and service! That being said, the club is in need of a new treasurer. If you have interest in serving in this capacity or would like to nominate someone please reach out. The treasurer would primarily be responsible for tracking all club transactions and maintaining accurate documentation. The ideal candidate would…
- Be an active club member in good standing
- Commit to attending bi-monthly committee meetings
- Participate, whenever possible, in club events (meeting and swap)
- Some prior bookkeeping/treasurer experience would be preferable but not necessarily required
We appreciate your feedback! If you have any questions or comments please don’t hesitate to reach out!